We developed a new roller to accommodate our DV series Core Units – but it also works with the DSLR and mirrorless cameras, especially when used with large lenses. The DV Roller is taller, deeper than our standard Carry-On Roller, and it’s a great companion for filmmakers who prefer to roll their gear or want an optional and modular piece of luggage to compliment their Action-X70 backpack. The DV roller holds either the XL DV Core Unit, or one Large and one Small DSLR Core Unit. Two side pockets accommodate tripods and small accessories.
- Cine/DV Camera Friendly - When paired with a Large or Extra Large DV Core Unit, the DV Roller is a perfect match for heavy Cine camera systems that are best rolled around rather than carried on your back. This roller is designed specifically to fit our Digital Video Core Units, but it can also carry all of our other sized Core Units. Its elegant styling makes it an excellent choice for everything from studio and location shoots to client presentations and meetings.
- Uniquely Modular - The Carry-On Roller is designed to work seamlessly with the rest of the Shimoda system’s backpacks, Core Units and Accessory Cases. There is no other bag system that enables an entire cine camera system to be transferred from a roller to a backpack in seconds.
- Doctor-Bag Style Opening - The roller has a single YKK zipper running down the middle, and when unzipped, the opening retracts and exposes the main compartment. It is very practical for accessing gear when shooting out of the roller, as well as for packing and unpacking. The doctor opening allows the bag to maintain a small footprint whether open or closed, unlike a traditional luggage door-style opening that doubles a case’s footprint when opened.
- Side Panel Pockets - Each side of the bag features a full-length zippered pocket. One side is fitted with a travel document and phone sleeve and the other side fits larger accessories like a water bottle. Both sides have a compression strap so you can hold a medium-sized tripod if needed.
- Carbonate-Coated, Water-Repellant Materials - Our Carry-On Roller shares the same lightweight, water-resistant, Carbonate PU-coated ripstop nylon as our backpack line. This ensures the same reliable and consistent quality and performance for both travel and mountain scenarios. They also make a handsome match when traveling.