The Explore 60 redefines the way professional image crafters pursue their images. Its user experience is fast, simple and intuitive while its carry performance will minimize physical fatigue. Direct access to camera gear and essentials like food, water and mobile devices helps you keep moving forward with limited interruptions. Adjustable volume and floating lid lets the most demanding photographers take on serious adventure without compromising gear needs.
Our modular Core Unit camera inserts let you customize your shooting experience — not only to your gear requirements, but also to the terrain ahead of you. Whether you’re camping out waiting for an epic moment or scrambling up rocky ascents, the Shimoda system allows you to choose the most efficient camera access for the situation – even on the fly.
The adjustable harness with its bear hug-like fit makes sure the pack’s weight doesn’t put pressure on your shoulders and is instead distributed to your hips and front torso. Additionally, the rear panel lets air flow between your back and the pack.
All of our features are built with materials and construction techniques we developed to best meet the needs of hardcore adventurers and the unpredictable environments they visit. The Nylon Carbonate Ether PU coated shell features a unique double-sided resin application process that provides exceptional water resistance from both exterior water pressure and interior condensation build-up. Because of this we are able to use much lighter core materials for both the exterior shell and interior lining.
Lightweight, durable and intuitively functional, the all-new Explore 60 is an essential addition to the modern adventure photographer’s toolkit.
Explore 60 Kit includes E60 and 2 Small DSLR Core Units
- Multiple Access Points - The Shimoda Explore 60 backpack offers rear, side and top access options. Side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack. The Rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting scenarios. Top access allows users to access their camera while the bag is standing, which is ideal when the main pack is filled with other gear.
- Height-Adjustable Harness - The Explore 60 backpack harness is height adjustable, allowing the same backpack to fit short or tall — male or female — torsos, and ensuring a custom fit for every user. There are four height options allowing approximately four inches in adjustment. Having the correct torso fit enables the internal frame to be much more effective in transferring shoulder stress and weight to rest comfortably on the user’s hips.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - Perhaps the most forward thinking modular camera inserts on the market, Shimoda’s Core Units are simple, smart and multifunctional. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack. This system allows for rear, side and top access configurations that be adjusted to suit changing terrain and environmental conditions.
- Mobile Office and Snack Bar Pockets - Each shoulder strap features a fast access pocket for commonly accessed items. The right side has a stretch spandex sleeve that can securely accommodate snacks, water bottles, sunscreen and two-way radios, and the left side features a zippered mobile phone pocket. The mobile pocket even has a cable routing port to connect a portable battery.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant Materials - The outer shell of each pack utilizes a Carbonate Ether PU coating on both the exterior and interior panels of high density ripstop nylon, ensuring exceptional durability and water protection. The increased durability provided by the coating allows the use of lighter weight nylon without compromising strength. Shimoda’s textiles meet human-ecological requirements and are accredited Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX.