The Explore 30 was created for a wide range of users, from agile adventurers and those with smaller torsos, to urban explorers and those who need to be embedded in the action. It has the same maximum camera carry ability as the Explore 40, but with a shorter overall height and a new removable belt system. These additional features open up new worlds of possibility for Shimoda users, and they allow the Explore 30 to fit in everywhere.
From daily commutes or urban exploration without the hip belt, to summiting challenging peaks in less than ideal weather, the Explore 30’s compact size and modular Core Unit system lets you move fast while protecting both camera and non-camera essentials.
*Core units sold separately
- Multiple Access Points - The Shimoda Explore 30 backpack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack. The Rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting scenarios.
- Height-Adjustable Harness - The Explore 30 backpack harness is height adjustable, allowing the same backpack to fit short or tall — male or female — torsos, and ensuring a custom fit for every user. There are three height options allowing approximately 7.5 cm (3 in.) in adjustment. Having the correct torso fit enables the internal frame to be much more effective in transferring shoulder stress and weight to rest comfortably on the user’s hips.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - Perhaps the most forward thinking modular camera inserts on the market, Shimoda’s Core Units are simple, smart and multifunctional. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack. This system allows for rear, side and top access configurations that be adjusted to suit changing terrain and environmental conditions.
- Mobile Office and Snack Bar Pockets - Each shoulder strap features a fast access pocket for commonly accessed items. The right side has a stretch spandex sleeve that can securely accommodate snacks, water bottles, sunscreen and two-way radios, and the left side features a zippered mobile phone pocket. The mobile pocket even has a cable routing port to connect a portable battery.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant Materials - The outer shell of each pack utilizes a Carbonate Ether PU coating on both the exterior and interior panels of high density ripstop nylon, ensuring exceptional durability and water protection. The increased durability provided by the coating allows the use of lighter weight nylon without compromising strength. Shimoda’s textiles meet human-ecological requirements and are accredited Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX.